At MCS we use the Accelerated Christian Education curriculum. The ACE curriculum is different from other curriculums. For over 40 years, it has been the trendsetter in Biblical education reform. Its philosophy is built on basic principles of the Word of God. Students are taught to see life from God's point of view, to take responsibility for their own learning, and to walk in Godly wisdom and character. Accelerated Christian Education is not just a publisher but a comprehensive Bible-based program that serves both the campus-based school and the homeschool.
The ACE curriculum uses PACES to teach students the content of most of the subjects.
Accelerated Christian Education has taken the conventional styled textbook and divided it into bite-sized, achievable, worktexts called PACES. Each PACE is similar to a unit in a textbook. Each level consists of 12 PACES in each subject. PACEs integrate Godly character-building lessons into academic content, and self-instructional activities are carefully designed to develop thinking skill and create mastery learning.
Students begin their PACE work by noting their goals, the concepts they will learn, a Bible verse, and a corresponding character trait. From the beginning of each PACE, they know what is expected and assume the responsibility for their own learning!
Full-colored explanations and illustrations add excitement to each lesson, and innovative learning activities reinforce the interesting text material.
Since 1970, ACE PACES have proven to be effective tools for goal setting and for achieving academic excellence.
CURRICULUM CHOICE REVIEW OF ACE
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE ACE CURRICULUM
* The child is involved in setting his/her own daily goals and then setting out to achieve them – a vital skill for them to learn for working life.
* The work is all set out for you, you simply move from one work-book to another, progressing to the next work-book once a test has been passed. This is a huge time saver for me personally.
* You are able to see immediately if there are any problem areas as these will show up in either the checkups (concise test on work just learned) of which there are around 3/PACE, or in the self-tests.
* Each PACE reinforces a different biblical character trait as well as has a scripture verse for the child to learn. This builds up a valuable wealth of scripture in the child’s heart which in my opinion will stand him/her in good stead throughout life.
* Each child can move at his/her own pace.
Curriculum Choice Review by Shirley Ann